Thursday, September 13, 2012

David and Putt-Putt

We are at the beach right now.  When you live in the mountains of North Carolina (or possibly any mountains), this takes on a whole different meaning than it did when I was growing up, and you went to the beach for the afternoon.  What it means is that we are on vacation on Cherry Grove, in North Myrtle Beach.   Usually we go in October, but we figured that we might be a little occupied then, what with having a baby, and so we came in October.  Anyway, it is a lot of fun, and I will have pictures to post after we get back.

Although I would be perfectly content to stay at the beach house (the reason we go to North Myrtle Beach is that we can afford a cottage that is on the beach) the whole time, the other members of my family might get tired of that much beach...so we went to play mini-golf.  I didn't go last time because I was pregnant, but I am so happy that I went today, if only to observe the hilarity of a slightly overstimulated little boy at the mini-golf course where there were dinosaur statues and a multi-story pretend ship that we could actually go on.  David did actually occasionally use his golf club to get his golf ball, field hockey style, into the hole.  (Both kids definitely use the  hockey model, rather than the golf model, kind of dribbling the ball with the golf club until it goes into the hole). 

The minute we entered the course, David was off, dumping his ball down the final, permanent hole, so Jesse had to get him a new one.  Then, off he ran, ducking under rope barrier, to run to the top of the ship.  Jesse told me to follow him, which I did, but would have been wiser to follow him more quickly, as I found him attempting to climb over the "ship's" gate, which was thirty feet up, and climb into a cage with a decorative dinosaur.   He was just so totally thrilled with the whole thing, running, playing on the ship, occasionally putting his ball down randomly on the course to dribble it into the hole.  Sometimes Jesse takes one of the kids to play golf with him, and I am now dying to go, just to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment