Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Hickory Nut Gap Farm

We went to this great farm, Hickory Nut Gap Farm in Fairview on Labor Day.  We go every fall, multiple times.  It's a wonderful place, they have chickens, goats, cows, pigs and horses.  All of their animals are grass finished, healthy and, well, delicious.  In the fall, the farm is open to visitors.  They have lots of low spray apples, a corn maze (this year, the corn didn't sprout--not because we were in drought because we weren't--so it was a hay bale maze), animals to look at, a big barn with a rope swing on the hay (this is generally the biggest hit), a trike run in a barn, and a creek to play in.  It was fun, and I am glad we went.  I am still deciding whether to keep Elsa in school or not...if I don't, I anticipate many more visits,  If I do, it may be more difficult.  This whole baby thing is making things challenging.  But great, little unnamed as of yet man.  Complications and chaos are fine.  We love you and want you.

I don't have a lot else to say, but I will put some pictures up.  I don't have any of me, of course, but let me tell you that I am huge and there is no fear, despite my advanced maternal age, that this baby isn't growing.

Elsa and her friend decided that the best way to do the hay bale maze was to leap around on top of them.  They were correct.  David thought it was fun as well, even when he made gross errors about how far he could jump and basically did a belly flop onto the hay and then slid down.

So, I included this picture, complete with chewing hair (as well as adorable gap toothed grin on Elsa's sweet friend) because the thing is that we live here.  It has been hot and humid lately, but my goodness, we live here, and see that stuff every dang day.  And I mean, imagine if I were actually a good photographer.
Yes.  It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment