Monday, October 24, 2011

Just Do It

So, I am not the most organized person in the world. I often feel totally overwhelmed with all the tasks involved with raising two small children, and living the way I want to.  And yet I do want to take on more.  I want to live a deliberate, handmade life. I want to get chickens.  I want to expand the garden and preserve more of it.  I want to make our own cheese and yogurt.   At this stage, I feel fairly overwhelmed with what I have to do--particularly taking care of the house and laundry.  But I think about what I do do, which is not a ton, but better than last year--I bake all of our bread, I have canned and frozen quite a bit of food from the garden, we used cloth diapers pretty much exclusively until Dumpling was finally trained.  And how did I do it?  I just did it.  I decided not to ever, ever buy bread, and so I had to make it.  And now it is a habit.  How did I get the food canned?  I gathered it, and then I had to preserve it.  I just bought a bushel of apples from Hickory Nut Gap Farm, and so now I have to deal with them.  I refused to buy the kids Halloween costumes, and, wanting them to have costumes, had to help them make them.  I just have to plunge in, to go ahead and expand the garden, order the chicks, buy the supplies to make the chicken coop.  Then I am stuck and I have to do it.  Oh, and I wanted to have a blog but don't know how to take pictures or ever want anyone to read it?  Just get one and figure it out.  So, while I wouldn't buy Nike products, I suppose I will use their slogan.  I just have to do it, and figure it out as I go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment