Monday, June 11, 2012

Boulder, CO and Here

Elsa and I took a whirlwind trip to Boulder, Colorado this weekend.  We flew out of Asheville to Denver on Friday afternoon, arriving quite late, and left Sunday at noon, arriving back here at about 9:00.  David and Daddy held down the fort here--and had a wonderful time, which was a great experience for both of them.  They went to Tailgate, and Jesse's work party and a baseball game (which David refers to as a basketball game, and has spent much of today making basketball tickets for everyone) and I am assuming, played some golf.

It was a lot of traveling for a little time in Colorado, but it was good to see my very best college friend who has made numerous trips out here to visit us, and one other college friend and her husband and two girls.  I took no pictures, but the mountains were dramatic and very different.  We saw prairie dogs and went swimming at a pool.   Elsa hit it off with my friend Shannon's eight year old daughter, and was completely enamored of her one year old baby, and despite having a fever and it being so hot outside that it was impossible to go out, had a lovely time.

And it was so nice to come home.  To see my little boy (who greeted me with an enormous grin and many, many sweet kisses) and wonderful husband.  And, even though it has rained pretty much constantly since we have gotten back, I realize how much I love it here.  I love the gentle green mountains and how everything is hilly here.  I love that it isn't so dry.  I love that it is never, ever 97 degrees out.  I love the southern, friendly New Ageyness here, and I love the southern, friendly country style too. 
This is a picture, taken a while ago, chosen to demonstrate how pretty it is here.  I can't really do it...I am not, as I have said, a photographer...Anyway, I am glad that we did it, that Jesse and David had a chance to really hang out, and that Elsa and I got a chance to go on an adventure.  But it is even better to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment