Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Fairy House Workshop

About a month ago, the woman who runs the local community garden (it's a big operation around here--see last post about how great it is here) asked me if I would run the Fairy House workshop at the garden.  Of course, I was totally flattered;  she said someone else had suggested me, and I felt like the craftiest mother ever.  So, I said I would do it.  And now, it's coming up, and I have no idea what to do.  The thing is, doing crafts with your own children is  a lot different from doing crafts with a bunch of children and, this is what really gets me nervous, their parents....Also, they have me listed on the schedule as Grace Quam, MEd.  And it's true.  I do, in fact, have a Masters in Education, Elementary even.  However, I would like to be really, really clear that this Masters in no way prepared me to lead a Fairy House workshop.  (I am not convinced it really prepared me to teach, either, but that is another story.)  So, I am looking around for a cute story to read/tell before, and then hopefully I will make a fairy house with the kids (although Elsa is at Farm Camp this week--a day camp where they run around on a farm and do farming stuff--I would also like to go to Farm Camp, actually--and comes home obliterated tired.)  So, I am not sure if anyone reads this, but if anyone does, do you have any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment