Thursday, May 17, 2012

Garden Play

David is washing his toy car in the "hot tub" (what they call that tin tub where the kids make yucky soup (throw dirt and leaves in it and stir)  and climb in to warm up after "swimming" in the larger kiddie pool.  At this point, I have moved the chickens all the way across the yard. 
Strawberries from our garden.  Definitely not enough to make jam with, but enough so that Jesse and I also get to eat some.  We did make strawberry jam with strawberries from the strawberry guy.  Actually, now it seems that most of them are rotting...not sure if it is the rain itself or maybe slugs.  I am trying to be calm about it, but it does kind of fill me with anxiety.
David wanted to make a scarecrow for his garden to keep his peas and strawberries from being eaten.
These pictures have been taken over some time.  Suddenly I was unable to place captions, but that is Elsa's scarecrow.  Very cute.  I am making slow progress in getting everything planted in the garden, but progress is happening.  I have planted 18 tomatoes and about six summer squash.  I still need to get the beans and winter squash in, but it will happen.  David is very excited about planting pumpkins in his garden...I do get a big kick out of all of the toys hanging out in the garden.  Whatever it takes....

No comments:

Post a Comment