Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Summer Plans

School is out at the end of the week.  I am so excited...I love the slow, leisurely pace of summer.  The kids and I made a list of summer plans.  Here are the ones we have so far:


1.  Garden (that idea was mostly mine, but you know.)
2.  Go to story time at the library.  (Elsa has missed it so much.  We will not, however, do the summer reading program.  First of all, I can't get it together.  Second of all, my kids do not need to be rewarded for reading--especially since I read to them.)
3.  Picnics--either outside our house, or other places.
4.  The pool--last year I balked, but this year I want to spend several days a week at the pool--we will go right when it opens or a couple of hours before it closes--hopefully it will be less crowded then.  I think I am going to just get a pool pass.
5.  Berry picking and jam making.
6.  Go to creeks and rivers, maybe with nets.
7.  Some crafts--I want to dye a few more play silks with them--maybe using natural materials, or maybe the dyes from the Easter Egg kits I got half price after Easter.
8.  Keep a list of the animals and plants we see--I keep meaning to either purchase or make Nature Journals for them.
9.  Make other stuff.
10.  Have a midday rest period--yesterday, I made the kids lie down in their beds and listen to some books on tape--David fell asleep, Elsa rested and, I rested, which will be critical as the baby grows and Mama grows more tired.

Oh--and a few more--make popsicles...I always want to make all of those delicious recipes I see on-line, but probably I will just buy some good juice and pour it in the popsicle molds, make lemonade, and have at least one lemonade stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment