Wednesday, July 4, 2012

My Birthday

I am now 38 years old.  My birthday was on Friday, and we celebrated on Saturday.  We have been having a heat wave here in WNC--it was up to 96 degrees, which never happens. And, although I do love it here, I really, really do, I am a water girl.  I grew up near the beach in Massachussetts, and swimming is part of the summer to me.  We go to the pool sometimes, but the chlorine, the crowds, and well, my paranoia that my children will drown prevents us from going a lot.  I go into hyper-vigilant mode, and also suit both children up in life jackets and can't have a conversation with anyone.  Anyway, we go to creeks a lot, and the kids can get pretty wet, but they are not quite deep enough for me to completely submerge myself, and some of the mountain streams are so cold that I feel like I am having a contraction, so I proposed some natural water, and Jesse took us to the perfect spot.  Not only was there a perfect swimming hole, there were wineberries just growing wild. 

I could completely submerge myself, which made me incredibly happy.





Happy Birthday to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment