Thursday, January 5, 2012

Epiphany

Tomorrow is Epiphany.  I am sitting right now, in front of the Christmas tree, instead of attacking the still quite messy kitchen.  I am definitely feeling melancholy.  I feel a little frustrated because I just can't pull of a great Epiphany celebration (although I should not worry too much as our church is having an Epiphany dinner).  Tomorrow I will take down the tree, and put the ornaments and decorations away.  I may bake a cake and maybe we will make some sugar cookes with kings and stars to take to the dinner tomorrow night.   And we will say good-bye to Christmas this year.  Next Christmas my children will be another year older.  Next Christmas we will gather again, and celebrate.  And I know our year will be full, with much to anticipate.  There is some winter (and I hope some snow.)  Jesse's birthday is coming right up, and Valentine's Day, and then spring is not far away.  We have been getting seed catalogues, and Elsa has been circling every single flower and I have been dreaming about way too many kinds of tomatoes...they rhythm of our lives are so rich and delightful, but it is hard for me not to mourn slightly the passing of this one, special time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment