Thursday, January 26, 2012

Old Salem

This past weekend was Jesse's birthday.  We decided to go to Old Salem.  We all have a love of old timey things here--even David--his current favorite book is What if You Lived in Colonial Days, which he loves to quote, saying, "If you didn't behave in colonial days, watch out!"  Jesse has done a lot of research about living history places around here, and actually had already taken Elsa to Old Salem.   (It was early summer, and I didn't want to leave my garden--or go there in the wicked heat.)  In late January, it was rainy and sort of cold.  (Winter seems to have appeared nowhere around here.)  And it was fairly dead, but still it was pretty fun and interesting.  This man was working on making stitched leather fire buckets waterproof with pitch.  Anyway, here are some pictures.

Really, the Ergo baby carrier was the best piece of baby gear we have ever bought.  I keep telling people that I will give them ours, and then realizing that no, actually, it still gets a lot of use.  But, carrying my 37 pound boy in it for a few hours is fairly exhausting.  David got this hat--thank goodness he likes blue, because neither Jesse nor I could stomach the grey.   


Also, on Jesse's birthday morning, it was raining, so we went to the Children's Museum for a few hours.  Bless Jesse's generous soul--I am not sure I could be so gracious.  I am noticing how serious the children look in all of these pictures--we really did have a fun time.  I was totally charmed by how much both the children loved the room below--it was the baby doll room, and they both spent a lot of time rocking the babies and tucking them into their various cradles.


No comments:

Post a Comment