Thursday, February 9, 2012

Joys

Little broccoli starts in our dining room window.  (And the fact that my children helped me, so there are quite a few in each little pot.)


Hearts everywhere.



Wood for the chicken coop purchased and waiting on our front porch.

Woodsy Wednesdays taking off. (There are no pictures of David because he skipped his nap and rode on my back--38 pounds!)

Successful granola and yogurt making.  Homemade breakfast in minutes.

This nightgown (Elsa has had it since she was 18 months old.)


Reading The Secret Garden (with illustrations by Tasha Tudor) with Elsa, and feeling her vibrate with joy as we read.

The return of their old favorite, "Animal Rescue Hero" stories, told by Mama.  (Thankfully, so easy to tell--same basic story of Elsa and David rescuing a wild animal, using a helicopter, walkie-talkies, a well set up yard, and a mystical power to communicate with wild animals.)  I am getting another request now.  It may cease to give joy after a little bit.

All of these brought to you by thyroid medication.  I just started taking it, and I do have a new lease on life.

No comments:

Post a Comment