Friday, February 3, 2012

Snow Children Nature Table


I wish I were a better photographer, because I can't really get a good shot, but here is our late winter nature table.  It is kind of funny, actually, because as I have been totally obsessing about, winter has not truly arrived here.  I actually just cut that dogwood to force the blossoms, because they are getting ready to come out.  Anyway, these are supposed to be figures from The Snow Children, a lovely book by Sybille Von Olfers, which is one of the hits in our winter book basket.  We also have The Snowy Day, The Tomten, and Winter Fairies.  I think it is time to start changing it out, although we still might get some winter weather...


 
I needle felted Poppy (the red girl) and the snow children, and made the Snow Queen's daughter out of a doll clothespin with felt and a glue gun.  Elsa needle felted some carriages in the background for the snow children.  It's funny--every night she puts everything to bed--sometimes in the tree, sometimes they are all just horizontal on the nature table.  I always want to fix it and arrange it, but then I remember it is for the children.  David has even been showing some interest...

I have been knitting David a sweater, and some little Valentine crafts are going up throughout the house.  And, we started some (way too many) broccoli plants.  I would love to get these in early, because they take up a lot space for not a whole lot of production, but it is one of the leafy greens that my children will always eat.  David sewed the felt heart (you can't really tell it's a heart) hanging from the window, and some more heart butterflies have been added to the windows. 

No comments:

Post a Comment