Friday, March 23, 2012

Equinox

When I told the kids the Equinox was today (I mean, the day of the Equinox, not today...you know) Elsa immediately piped up, and asked if we were going to have a fire.  So, that was the plan...it's nice that they are getting the rhythm of the light changing.  I bought some natural marshmellows--not that I am against the non-natural kind, I just saw the other kind.  We invited some friends over and procured wood.  But, just like Winter Solstice, it was dumping down rain.  So, we got out all of the candles and lit them for our simple dinner of tomato soup and cheese toast, and talked about it a bit, to welcome the longer days.  We have been noticing the later light.  I have been uninspired lately with our seasonal celebrations, maybe something to do with my not feeling so great with this early pregnancy (sorry to complain so much, but it has been frustrating, also, I want to remember how uncomfortable this part is, as I tend to forget, and this is the Last Baby), but I am also seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.  Luckily, the kids have expectations now, which makes it easier to figure out what to do...

Oh, and my very kind neighbor saw me out in the garden, forking up the soil, and offered to till it for me.  I have not been able to get into the garden that much yet, although I did finally plant the peas.  I didn't do much in terms of soil prep, planting them in sort of leaf mold, but hopefully they will go. My neighbor is eighty, but like my dad, you would probably guess sixty.  I totally took him up on it, and as soon as the soil dries out, he said he would do it for me.  Great neighborhood, and a big relief.  I don't really like using motorized tools--last year I dug the whole garden by hand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment