Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Funny...

Today, we ran into our neighbors, walking their dogs on the trail we had chosen for "Woodsy Wednesday."  We were chatting, and their little, very cute and energetic terrier was charging all around, while I held a three year old (not mine) who is afraid of dogs on my hip (she is so much lighter than David.)  David was having fun, but he came up to me, and said, full voiced, "Mommy, Rusty is so stupid."  Rusty is, by the way, the dog, and I swear, he has never heard that from us before.  And, I just laughed.  My neighbor laughed too.   I mean, it was funny....I did talk to him about it a little later, and he claimed he did not mean it.  Stupid and shut up are very taboo words around here, and David is totally fascinated with them.  The other day he woke up in a foul mood.  "Stupid," he muttered, "Shut-up" to no-one in particular. I tried hard, and not terribly successfully, not to laugh.  Then I fed him breakfast and he was better.

No comments:

Post a Comment