Thursday, November 17, 2011

Dessert Night and a Yarn Along of Sorts

Wednesday night is dessert night around here.  (I still remember how to spell dessert by remembering that you want more dessert so dessert has two esses....)  It's kind of fun.  Lately, pumpkin has been the theme as I finally cut open this absolutely huge and totally beautiful pumpkin and cooked it, and got about four quarts of pumpking puree.  I think the pumpking was called musque d'orsay--it was a cheese pumpkin, the vines of which were extremely long and put down roots every foor or so.  The vines stayed totally healthy, but I either planted it too late or put too much compost down, because only two reached full size before the frost (although there were many baby pumpkins--it was totally heartbreaking.)  We made pumpkin cake--I kind of fudged the recipe--I think it called for three eggs, but we ended up with five because Dumpling really, really likes cracking eggs.   It turned out really well, and I wish I had it but I tend to fudge things and then not know how to make them again.

Jesse has ordered a cord for the camera, and even a new, better camera, so soon there will be pictures here, but I just thought I would report on what I am knitting right now.  I have three projects on the needles, which feels about right.  One is a pink hippo for Pea's Christmas--it has to be top secret and only knitted when she is not around or asleep, but it is coming along.  I have the head and body, one ear and the beginning of an arm.  And then I have a sweater in very chunky varigated green and blue yarn for Dumpling, as he was sure that the sweater I finally finished for Pea was for him, and an elf hat for Pea, in, yes, pink.  I will put pictures up here when I actually have a way to put the pictures on the camera up here.  Soon.  I am going all high-tech. 

No comments:

Post a Comment