Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The memory of an elephant

I just put Pea to bed.  (Dumpling skipped his nap and was asleep by 6:15.)  Even though it is not terribly late, she is still overwrought, calling me in for water and to ask me weepily whatever happened to the paper we made in a super-crowded museum in Minnesota in MARCH.  (We left it to dry, then it was time to leave, and we forgot and left it there.) Or what ever happened to her hippo blanket (a pink fleece blanket that we lost track of at least a year ago.)  The fact is, the child never forgets.  Right now, there is "cake batter" that she made yesterday ALL by herself that I am just going to have to bake up, although I would really prefer it if she forgot it.  It promises to be fairly inedible. But if I don't bake it, sure as the sun rises tomorrow, she will remember it and remind me that I did, indeed tell her I would.  So I will.   Oops, I hear her again.  Sweet, tired girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment