Monday, November 21, 2011

Sleeping Places

So, we have a new camera, and I spent a little time trying to figure out how to download the pictures, but I failed.  Some of the equipment may be in the grown-up bedroom, where Dumpling is sound asleep.  If you are a bed-sharing family, you may think you are done bed-sharing when your two year old eagerly heads to his or her own bed every night for a few months, and your five year old does not even need your presence anymore to fall asleep, but you are not.  Suddenly, one or both of them is back, wanting, needing to sleep with Mama.  I suppose I could fight it, and insist that they sleep in their own beds, but I don't.  If I can nurture and comfort them just by sleeping next to them, I am down. And anyway, soon it will change again, and off they'll go to their little beds with a kiss and a cuddle (well, and a bazillion stories).  But now I get to gaze at their little sleeping faces, and smooth their hair and feel content.  And read them a bazillion stories.  Mostly I like that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment