Monday, November 28, 2011

Mary's Star Path






Today Advent starts.  I love, love, love Advent, but I did lay in a goodly supply of Rescue Remedy, because I can tend to go into overdrive, and forget about actually enjoying it, ignoring my children's requests for attention while I do whatever I have in mind that needs to be done....

This year, our church did not have their traditional wreath making, so we had to make our own.  It was fun.  Pea and Dumpling go baskets of greenery, and we made our own wreath, lit the candle, and the children negotiated a deal where tonight Dumpling blew out the candle, and tomorrow Pea.  .

Also, I have been working on Mary's star path, a non gifty kind of Advent Calendar, because I am not organized or disciplined enough to do the traditional kind. I needle felted two Marys and a Joseph, because I knew that Pea would want a set to play with, and I have to admit, I was feeling pretty pleased with my mad skills as a needle felter, until Pea, at age five, with no coaching, made Jesus in the manger. Not bad for a five year old. But, I am still pretty fond of the Mary's, particularly the little one. And now I am realizing that at the end of the season (I have to keep working on the Mary Star Path set to add as the season progresses) we will be the proud owners of four Nativity Sets...in a very small house. Anyway, here is Mary's Star Path.


I love Advent.

(Also, we had a wonderful Thanksgiving with Eemah and Babba and I have some pictures to post here about that soon.)

No comments:

Post a Comment